Monday, October 7, 2013

Gloving up

    Well it’s my turn to write a bit on this blog.  I am Tabitha Adams the elder sister of Ethan and I have to say,  I am down right proud of this boy. 

     Not only for the strength he is showing, but the fact that his focus is still on the other people around him. He brings joy, laughter and even manages to drive me crazy as only a little brother can do!!  I am currently attending Northwestern State University, and being away from my family as we walk this journey is the hardest thing I have to do right now. Skype and phone calls are not how I really want to do this, but Christ has a plan and I trust him, He KNOWS what is best. 
       
     Well this weekend was NSU's  fall break, so I seized the opportunity and came home for a very memorable weekend.   Ethan was supposed to be going through round two of chemo, but his blood count wasn’t completely right so it was pushed back a few days.  This gave us a weekend of fun. It started Friday night with a bunch of E's buddies coming over laughing, playing video games, and eating meat.  Manly night it was!! We ended the evening with a shaving of E, Chas, Dad, and Austin (a buddy) heads.  

 
 
    
We all took turns. Even had to put on a few band aids for the first time shavers that we were.
WHAT a memory. It took me and mom a bit longer to shave our heads- simply because we had to work up the courage.

 

  I like to think of this whole journey as a boxing match.  We promised E that we as a family would fight this with him, so when the time came to glove up (shave the heads) we did.  


3 comments:

  1. Tabi Ann...You are amazing...and part of why Ethan is as amazing as he is. So proud of you all...kicking cancers butt together!! LV.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing, we feel like we are in this with you also. You are an awesome family, so proud of you all. Lynne Bokelman

    ReplyDelete
  3. You all are absolutely beautiful!!! I admire your strength, and positive energy. Have faith knowing that you've got an army of supporters backing you up. Please let me know if you need anything. Keeping you all in our prayers. Go Team Ethan!!!!

    ReplyDelete